With Easter just around the corner the Instant pot will be a big time saver for making your hard boiled eggs.
Everyone likes their hard boiled eggs cooked at a certain doneness. Your able to get them perfectly cooked with the Instant Pot, the way you like them.
I like mine done on the 1:1:1 ratio, it gives me a softer yoke.
When I refer to the 1:1:1, it means the eggs will be under pressure for 1 minute cooked on manual. When the IP beeps to let you know, it’s 1 minute cooking time is done. Let it go to the “keep warm mode” for 1 minute. Then turn off the IP and do a quick release of the pressure. After it has depressurized, and the pin has gone done. Let it set for a second to make sure all the air has been released. Then you can take the lid off and place the eggs in cold water for 1 minute. Then your ready to peel and eat.
For eggs to be used for Easter egg hunts or egg salad. I would recommend useing the 5:5:5 or the 6:6:6 ratio. That way your yokes will be cooked harder and easier to chop up for egg dishes.
- Place your trivet or basket or egg holder of choice, in the stainless steal pot then add the amount of eggs you want, add 1 cup of hot water.
- I like to turn on the saute button to get the water boiling before I place my lid on. That way it won’t take as long for the pot to come to pressure.
- When the water has come to a boil turn off the saute. Place your pressure cooker lid on and twist it so it’s closed. Make sure to slide the pressure valve towards the back other wise the IP will not come to pressure.
- Choose the manual button and press the timer for 5 or 6 minutes. Always watch to make sure your pin rises before walking away, to make sure it’s sealed and has come to pressure.
- Once it’s done cooking let it go into the “keep warm” mode for 5 or 6 minutes. Then turn it off and slid the pressure valve to release the pressure. I usually place a kitchen towel or wash cloth over the top of valve before I open it. So it’s not spewing steam or liquid everywhere. Be careful when you open up the valve, because that steam is extremely hot and you don’t want to burn yourself.
- Once the steam is released and the pin goes down. I let it set for a second then take my lid of.
- Take the stainless steal insert out of the Instant pot base. Place insert into the sink and fill it with cold water, cool the eggs for 5 or 6 minutes. That’s it, so easy and quick. Happy Eats!